Since it’s such a common problem there are lots of options for treatment such as:
- Physical Therapy
- Family MD
- Osteopathic doctor
- Over-the-counter treatments
Of these Physical Therapy has been shown to be incredibly effective at relieving chronic low back pain. I recently wrote a blog post about the research behind this which you can CHECK OUT HERE.
Why Choose Physical Therapy For Low Back Pain?
1. A Physical Therapist can help identify the cause of your low back pain
2. Physical therapy sessions include treatments that can help decrease your low back pain quickly
3. If your Physical Therapist specializes in manual therapy they will be able to work on both the joints and muscles of your low back to help you get out of pain and heal fast
4. Physical therapy sessions will include individualized exercises to help you manage your pain by yourself (they are exercises you can do at home)
5. Getting physical therapy for low back pain is very likely covered by your health insurance
6. The Physical Therapist will provide you with any equipment you need (i.e. therapy exercise ball or resistance tubes)
What Can I Do Right Now At Home For Low Back Pain?
1. Avoid positions and activities that increase your low back pain
2. Try heat or cold – some people prefer one or the other so use what feels good to you
3. Consider trying some light exercises. CLICK HERE for a good slideshow that shows good and bad exercises you can try. Remember – stop doing any of the exercises if they increase your pain.
4. If you live in or near Arvada and want to try physical therapy call us at 720.222.9669.